Frederick Douglass: If There Is No Struggle, There Is No Progress
Is Frederick Douglass’s method of resistance still relevant in today’s society?
At the conclusion of this lesson, students will be able to:
- Explain Frederick Douglass’s philosophy of resistance.
- Read a speech by Frederick Douglass and highlight elements of the speech that defines Frederick Douglass’s philosophy of resistance.
- Write their own speech about resisting discrimination in today’s world in which they support or oppose
- Frederick Douglass’s method of resistance.
- What constituted an act of resistance of African Americans against the institution of slavery?
- Are some acts of resistance more effective than others?